News » Just swanning around Courtown 2017-03-30
Faye, age 7, was out for a Mother's Day Sunday stroll when she captured a pair of swans taking a Sunday swim.
A few facts about swans:
- Swans are herbivores which means they eat plants and the sea in this picture is full of sea plants
- Swans love Ireland because it is neither too hot nor too cold
- If a swan thinks its children are in danger it will make a hissing sound and flap its wings
- You will nearly always see two swans together because they don't like to live alone
- Swans are cousins of ducks and geese