Articles » Case Studies » Vodafone
CASE STUDY: EcoTank Hot Water Heat Pump
Vodafone Office Gym
Vodafone in Sandyford, Co. Dublin offered gym facilities to its staff and required an efficient and cost effective water heating system for approximately 40 showers in the morning. The company was considering a gas fired system. Our engineering consultant recommended EcoTank hot water heat pump.
Solution: Ecotank Hot Water Heat Pump
We installed two 300L units to cater to demand. These heat pumps draw heated air from a nearby server room to use in the heat pump process. This higher temperature air increases the COP of the units to 3.8, which is phenomenal. The cooled air from the heat pump is fed back to the server room to help the cooling system, which produces further savings.
- Using the EcoTank hot water heat pump in place of a gas system, Vodafone saved 50% on water heating bills for the gym.
- The Vodafone staff are very impressed with the operation and performance of the system, particularly its ease of use and ability to control costs.
- Greenhouse Gas emissions have been reduced by 1400kg/CO2 per annum approx.
Heat pumps are the heating system of the future for Ireland. They are heat efficient, cheaper to run and the cleanest heating system available. A grant for the installation of heat pumps has been available from SEAI from April 2018.
The Glen Fuels gift voucher is an ideal house warming, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day or birthday gift.
It is redeemable in all depots and it's very popular with heating oil customers.
The voucher can be posted to you or you may collect it from your local Glen Fuels depot.
Contact your local Glen Fuels depot to purchase.
Glen Fuels oil deliveries to home heating, agricultural, commercial and marine customers follow HSE and WHO guidelines.
- Oil and Renewable Central Heating
- Energy Rated Appliances
- Kick the Car to the Curb
- Generate Your Own Energy
- The Cost of the Little Red Light
To download your FREE Glen Fuels eBook, click here.