Heating Oil Tanks
Oil Tank Replacement
If your home heating oil tank is more than 10 years old, it's time to consider a replacement.
A heating oil tank that bursts or cracks will cause damage to human health, buildings and/or the environment.
The financial costs of a an oil leak can run into hundreds of thousands and if the tank is proven to be old and weathered, the insurance company may refuse to pay out.
New Tanks in New Builds
Most newer builds are designed to run on heat pumps with oil as a back-up.
The difference in price between a 650 litre tank and 1100 or 1200 litre tank is small. Unless there is a space limitation, we recommend the larger tank. This gives you the option to fill the tank at the most competitive rate on offer at any time, with any distributor anywhere in Ireland.
Tanks for Home Heating
At Glen Fuels, we always recommend:
- Double skinned (bunded) oil tank as this protects your property and surrounding environment from damage if the inner skin starts to leak
- Check with your local Council and your insurer if you can have a single skin tank on your property
Tanks for home heating come in different shapes and sizes -
- Low profile
Heating Oil Tank Checklist
Glen Fuels has been selling heating oil tanks since 1986 to Irish homes nationwide.
We recommend you speak to our tank specialist before buying a heating oil tank.
To ensure you get the right tank for your home please have the following measurements to hand:
- Oil tank storage area
- Gate opening
- House (square metres/feet)
Oil tanks sold by Glen Fuels are compatible with Magnus™ Monitor
- SigFox, 2G or NB-IoT coverage
- Radar technology means the tank reading is accurate to +-1cm
- App can sync with multiple Monitors on tanks in various locations
The Glen Fuels Magnus™ Monitor System is a piece of genius that delivers peace of mind:
- Magnus™ Monitor
- Professional Monitor installation on plastic and steel tanks
- Glen Fuels Remote Tank Monitoring
- Free Magnus™ Monitor App
- Oil tank level
- Daily usage details
- Order online
- Notification of a sudden significant drop in oil level
- Mulitple monitors in different locations sync on one app
Do you sell and install home heating oil tanks?in Oil Tank FAQs
We sell single and double skin home heating oil tanks.
We work with a number of OFTEC registered installers.
How much oil does a standard modern house?in Heating Oil FAQs
This depends on the efficiency of the boiler and whether it is serviced regularly, which is a must.
If you look after your boiler, it will use approximately €1,300 per year worth of oil.
This figure can be halved if you install a newer condensing boiler.
Can I tell how much is in my oil tank at any time?in Oil Tank FAQs
The most accurate means of checking the oil level in your tank is with the Magnus™ Monitor.
Magnus™ Monitor is accurate to -+ 1cm and the information is sent to an app on your phone.
Glen Fuel Card - Personal
- Cheap petrol and diesel
- AdBlue, lubricant, carwash
- Circle K nationwide
- Glen Fuels service stations
For commuting, play dates, general running around.
Terms and conditions apply.
The Glen Fuels gift voucher is the ideal gift for:
Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, house warming, birthday, get well soon, new baby and christenings.
Redeemable in all depots, the heating oil gift voucher is very popular.
Purchase from your local Glen Fuels depot.
Reduce Energy Costs
- Oil and Renewable Central Heating
- Energy Rated Appliances
- Kick the Car to the Curb
- Generate Your Own Energy
- The Cost of the Little Red Light
To download your FREE Glen Fuels eBook, click here.