Articles » Case Studies » Talbot Lodge
CASE STUDY: RETROFIT WORKS
Talbot Lodge Nursing Home
Reduce heating and hot water bills yet maintain a high comfort level with a sustainable economic solution.
Previous Heating System:
Oil fired burner for both space heating and hot water.
- Old inefficient boiler with poor ventilation and control systems that was prone to overheating.
- Exceptionally high fuel costs.
The old building was using approximately 80,000 litres of heating oil per annum. We installed 3 x 20KW AirGO Ice Sticks to heat the existing radiator system and 2 x 500L heat pumps to provide hot water. Both are now backed up by a small domestic oil boiler.
Insulation and HRV upgrades were also completed and the owners are enjoying their return on investment.
- The installation has resulted in savings in excess of €60,000 in the first year. The total payback is ecpected to be less than 2.5 years.
- The nursing home has 24/7 heating and hot water on demand giving a warm cosy ambient temperature all year round for the residents.
The FREE Glen Fuels Energy Efficiency in Your Life eBook
Learn today how to make your home a more energy and money efficient dwelling.
- Save money around the house
- Cut the cost of your commute
- Tried and tested recommendations from Glen Fuels staff
To download your FREE copy, click here.
Every Drop, Delivered
Our drivers arrive on time and every drop of kerosene or gas oil you have paid for is pumped into your tank from our state-of-the-art fleet of lorries with NSAI calibrated metres.
Redeemable in all depots against all products. Call or pop into your local Glen Fuels depot to purchase.