Articles » Case Studies » Talbot Lodge
CASE STUDY: RETROFIT WORKS
Talbot Lodge Nursing Home
Reduce heating and hot water bills yet maintain a high comfort level with a sustainable economic solution.
Previous Heating System:
Oil fired burner for both space heating and hot water.
- Old inefficient boiler with poor ventilation and control systems that was prone to overheating.
- Exceptionally high fuel costs.
The old building was using approximately 80,000 litres of heating oil per annum. We installed 3 x 20KW AirGO Ice Sticks to heat the existing radiator system and 2 x 500L heat pumps to provide hot water. Both are now backed up by a small domestic oil boiler.
Insulation and HRV upgrades were also completed and the owners are enjoying their return on investment.
- The installation has resulted in savings in excess of €60,000 in the first year. The total payback is ecpected to be less than 2.5 years.
- The nursing home has 24/7 heating and hot water on demand giving a warm cosy ambient temperature all year round for the residents.
Heat pumps are the heating system of the future for Ireland. They are heat efficient, cheaper to run and the cleanest heating system available. A grant for the installation of heat pumps has been available from SEAI from April 2018.
Glen Fuels oil deliveries to home heating, agricultural, commercial and marine customers follow HSE and WHO guidelines.
Every Drop, Delivered
Glen Fuels policy and technology ensures every drop of kerosene or gas oil you have paid for is pumped into your tank.
Now Delivering Nationwide
- Range Cooker Additive
- Lubricating Oils
- Heating Oil Tanks
- Diesel Storage Tanks
- Renewble Energy Technologies