Articles » Case Studies » Talbot Lodge
CASE STUDY: RETROFIT WORKS
Talbot Lodge Nursing Home
Reduce heating and hot water bills yet maintain a high comfort level with a sustainable economic solution.
Previous Heating System:
Oil fired burner for both space heating and hot water.
- Old inefficient boiler with poor ventilation and control systems that was prone to overheating.
- Exceptionally high fuel costs.
The old building was using approximately 80,000 litres of heating oil per annum. We installed 3 x 20KW AirGO Ice Sticks to heat the existing radiator system and 2 x 500L heat pumps to provide hot water. Both are now backed up by a small domestic oil boiler.
Insulation and HRV upgrades were also completed and the owners are enjoying their return on investment.
- The installation has resulted in savings in excess of €60,000 in the first year. The total payback is ecpected to be less than 2.5 years.
- The nursing home has 24/7 heating and hot water on demand giving a warm cosy ambient temperature all year round for the residents.
Glen Fuel Card - Personal
- Cheap petrol and diesel
- AdBlue, lubricant, carwash
- Circle K nationwide
- Glen Fuels service stations
For commuting, play dates, general running around.
Terms and conditions apply.
Reduce Energy Costs
- Oil and Renewable Central Heating
- Energy Rated Appliances
- Kick the Car to the Curb
- Generate Your Own Energy
- The Cost of the Little Red Light
To download your FREE Glen Fuels eBook, click here.