News » Autumn: Heating Oil Tank Check-up 2022-08-29
On this bright and dry Monday, please take the time to complete your oil tank's annual check-up.
A cracked, leaking, old, sluggish oil tank will cost you more money than a replacement or service.
Follow the checklist in the image to assess the top, middle and bottom of your oil tank.
- Look for colour fading
- Look for cracks
- Smell of an oil odour around the tank
- Look for dampness around the tank
- The tank should not be more than 15 years old
- Look for rust/corrosion on/around the valves
- Consider replacing/servicing the filter