Oil Boiler Service
At Glen Fuels we recommend you schedule your boiler service between August and October of each year .
- A serviced boiler burns less fuel and delivers more heat, saving you money.
- It is a home insurance requirement
- It saves lives
The cost of an oil boiler service is €120. When you sign up for the Glen Fuels heating oil Budget Plan payment facility, you may include your boiler service in the package. This means your boiler service costs just €10/month.
Boiler Servicing - A Home Insurance Requirement:
- It saves lives: During a service, the technician sets the CO to CO2 ratio. Someone could die or suffer irreversible health damage if the integrity of your flue is compromised by old age or lack of maintenance - a leak, a loose screw, a wonky seal. CO (Carbon Monoxide) deprives the heart, brain and other vital organs of oxygen. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can suffocate humans and animals in just minutes.
- It reduces your overall oil bill: A sluggish or blocked boiler will burn through loads of oil, and squander your money, to warm your house. A clean boiler will use less oil and generate more heat.
- It saves you money on repairs: With an annual service, minor repairs are dealt with on the spot. An accumulation of problems, can result in hefty repair/replacement bills.
- It guarantees your home insurance: Glen Fuels boiler servicing follows a comprehensive checklist. We also recommend you obtain a checklist from your home insurance provider which can be ticked off during the Glen Fuels service. If something happens, your insurance provider will want proof that you have maintained your boiler each year. Failure on your part may render your policy null and void and you will not receive a payout.
The Glen Fuels Checklist:
When you hire a Glen Fuels specialist, you are guaranteed a comprehensive service.
- Set boiler controls
- Check flue integrity
- Check fire safety valves (install valves if not already in place)
- Check oil tank location and condition
- Replace parts, if necessary
- Install a new oil tank, if necessary
- Install a new boiler, if necessary
- Upgrade an old heating system to renewable energy, if requested
We pay attention to detail:
- Glen Fuels is fully insured to be on your property and to work on your oil appliances. If something goes wrong during a service, we have the insurance to pay for the damage caused to person/pet/property;
- Glen Fuels issues you with an itemised invoice for your records and for your home insurance provider if required;
- If there is a problem with your boiler/tank, Glen Fuels issues you with a signed Notice of Hazard Certificate detailing the damaged or broken elements and our recommendations to remedy the situation;
- Glen Fuels is OFTEC registered and certified.
What is OFTEC registered?
OFTEC establishes the standards for competence within the domestic oil heating and cooking industry by ensuring the quality of the people and businesses working in this industry in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Europe. Glen Fuels is an OFTEC registered company and our oil boiler servicing technician, Enda Nolan, is OFTEC Certified.
What does OFTEC do?
- Promote excellence by setting standards for manufacture, installation and maintenance of oil-fired appliances for domestic use;
- Produce technical information for the installion and/or commissioning of oil boilers, oil storage tanks and related equipment;
- Publish technical standards for domestic oil heating equipment;
- Issue OFCERT© certificates to validate products manufactured in accordance with the OFTEC standards;
- Represent the views of the members to UK and Irish Governments, to the European Commission, to the Building Research Establishment, British Standards Institute/CEN (the European Committee for Standardisation), the Environment Agency and to other bodies;
- Provide recognised training and assessment of installers through OFTEC-approved centres for training and maintains a register of technicians under the competent persons scheme'
- Inform consumers and technicians about the benefits of using oil (kerosene and bioliquids).