Terms and Conditions » Commercial Fuel Card 2022-05-01
Glossary of Terms
Glen Fuels - Glen Fuel Services Limited and its successors
Circle K - Circle K Limited and its successors and assigns
Products - Road diesel, unleaded, SFGO and AdBlue at the pump, in addition to packaged AdBlue, packaged lubricants and carwash
Circle K Site - Any Circle K location holding a Fuel Card Services franchise agreement, and thereby acting as an authorised selling agent for road diesel, unleaded, SFGO and AdBlue at the pump, in addition to packaged AdBlue, packaged lubricants and carwash
Core Site - Glen Fuels depots, truck fueling points and branded service stations
Card - Glen Fuel Card issued by Glen Fuels to the Account Holder for the purpose of purchasing road diesel, unleaded, SFGO and AdBlue at the pump, in addition to packaged AdBlue, packaged lubricants and carwash at Core Sites and participating Circle K Sites
Account Holder - Person in whose name the account is maintained
Authorised User - any person(s) the Account Holder has authorised to use the Card(s)
Credit Limit - Maximum amount expressed in money terms which Glen Fuels may from time to time specify to an Account Holder as being the limit of purchases of Products on credit that may from time to time be made with any Card
References - The applicant shall include individuals, partnerships, firms, companies, organisations or any other entities (whether or not having a separate legal personality)
- All applications for the issue of a Card(s) shall be at the absolute discretion of Glen Fuels
- Each Card will be valid for use of the Account Holder and any Authorised User to the extent of the Credit Limit up to 24 months from the date of issue
- All risks of loss will pass to and be borne by the Account Holder from the date of dispatch of the Card
Signature of and/or use of a Card by the Account Holder or Authorised User constitutes application of these terms and conditions to the transaction thereby effected and the Account Holder's agreement to pay Glen Fuels for any Products supplied to the Account Holder or an Authorised User by various Sites within the Republic of Ireland.
- Use of the Card is restricted to the Account Holder or any Authorised User and remains valid until the date of expiry stated on the Card(s) or prior cancellation.
- The Authorised User must either sign their name or enter their vehicle registration number (not both) onto the panel on the reverse of the Card(s).
- The Account Holder shall ensure that any person using the Card(s) shall not tamper with, or try to alter or interfere with the fuel monitoring device,or fuel delivery equipment at any Site. In the event there appears to be a defect or fault in such monitoring or fuel delivery equipment, the Account Holder shall forthwith report the same to the operator of the Site.
- Invoices are issued weekly, and detail the Circle K Site and Glen Fuels Core Site in which the vehicle purchased products, the quantity purchased, the price per purchase, and the price including VAT.
- Payment is by Direct Debit on the 15th day and the last day of each month. Invoices dated 01st -15th of the month will be debited on the last day of the month. Invoices dated 16th to 30/31st of the month will be debited on the 15th day of the following month.
- Statements will be sent to the Account Holder each month and will detail outstanding invoices.
- The Account Holder will pay Glen Fuels by Direct Debit no later than 14 days after the invoice date, or as otherwise agreed between the Account Holder and Glen Fuels from time to time. If payment of the whole amount is made later than the agreed date, Glen Fuels reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 3% per month above the base rate of A.I.B., or part of the month (as well as before any judgement) on any balance outstanding on the next payment date, until settlement is received.
- If a Direct Debit drawn by Glen Fuels on the Account Holder’s account is returned unpaid, or if a cheque sent by the Account Holder to Glen Fuels is returned unpaid, then the Account Holder shall pay Glen Fuels an administration fee each time this occurs.
Lost or Stolen Cards
- If a Card(s) is lost or stolen (including constructive theft as a result of any person in possession of a Card having ceased to be an Authorised User through termination of employment or otherwise), the Account Holder must immediately notify Glen Fuels by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification must be received prior to 15:00 hours in order to be accepted as firm notification on the day of receipt. Any e-mail received after 15:00 hours will be deemed to have been accepted as notification on the following working day (Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays).
- The Account Holder will remain liable to Glen Fuels for any supplies of Products arising from the use of such lost or stolen Card(s) by any person until 9.00am on the following working day after the day on which notification is received by Glen Fuels. After such time, and provided that this Clause is complied with in full, the Account Holder shall have no further liability for purchases of Products resulting from the use of the Card other than for purchases by the Account Holder or any Authorised User. However, no such releases of liability will be given to the Account Holder if it can be established on the balance of probabilities that: i) The Account Holder or the Authorised Signatory gave the relevant Card to an unauthorised person, (ii) The loss of Card was due to the gross negligence of either the Account Holder or the Authorised User, (iii) The Account Holder or the Authorised User failed to adhere to a request made by Glen Fuels or its representative to destroy or return the Card to Glen Fuels, (iv) The Account Holder was in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
I/We have read the Glen Fuel Card Terms and Conditions of Use and agree to abide by them.
I/We agree that Glen Fuels reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions.
I/We confirm that the information given on this application form and direct debit mandate is true and correct.
I/We agree and understand that Glen Fuel Services Ltd. is not obliged to accept this application, nor to give any reason for refusing the same, nor to enter into any correspondence in regard thereto.