In 2005 the legislation on diesel vehicles in Ireland and the rest of Europe demanded a drastic reduction in NOx emissions. As a result of this, most new vehicles come with SCR technology (Selective Catalytic Reduction).
- AdBlue® is essential for the cleansing and reduction of harmful emissions before exhaust fumes are released into the atmosphere.
- It is stored safely within a separate tank creating the cleansing and catalytic effect.
- AdBlue® consumption is typically around 3%–5% of the diesel consumption for a typical vehicle, dependent on weight and other relative factors.
If you have purchased a new diesel vehicle that is manufactured to meet Euro IV, V or VI standards it may require AdBlue®.
AdBlue® for Sale in Ireland
- You can use your Glen Fuel Card to buy AdBlue at Circle K service stations in Ireland.
Glen Fuels AdBlue Pumps
Glen Fuels Kilmacanogue depot sells AdBlue at the pump.
The pump is open to everyone Monday - Friday 08.30 - 1700 and Saturday 08.00 - 13.00.
- If you have a Glen Fuels account, you simply sign at the counter.
- If you have a Glen Fuels Fuel Card, present your card at the counter to be swiped.
- We also accept cash and all major cards.
AdBlue® drums, barrells and 1,000L cubes are available from Glen Fuels at:
- Glen Fuels online store with next day delivery to anywhere in Ireland
- Glen Fuels depots
The AdBlue® tank is generally located:
- Beside the fuel filling point. It will be a smaller filling cap.
- In the car boot (look for DEF identifier).
- Under the car bonnet (look for DEF identifier).
Glen Fuels - Energy for Everything
How Long Does AdBlue Last?in Frequently Asked Questions
It is supposed to last approximately 18 months if stored in the right conditions.
What is AdBlue?in Frequently Asked Questions
AdBlue is a mixture of urea and deionized water and its injected into the exhaust gases to reduce the harmful emissions.
What Happens if You Run Out of AdBlue?in Frequently Asked Questions
Most cars will give a warning well in advance of this happening but if one continues to drive without replenishing stock, the vehicle will refuse to start.
The Glen Fuels gift voucher is an ideal house warming, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day or birthday gift.
It is redeemable in all depots and it's very popular with heating oil customers.
The voucher can be posted to you or you may collect it from your local Glen Fuels depot.
Contact your local Glen Fuels depot to purchase.
- Oil and Renewable Central Heating
- Energy Rated Appliances
- Kick the Car to the Curb
- Generate Your Own Energy
- The Cost of the Little Red Light
To download your FREE Glen Fuels eBook, click here.